WELCOME & Hello Strangers,
The Basis of this Bloggy iz
ENJOY, LAUGH , LEARN , PARTY, comment.
Upcoming WestCoast Events ::: Click link 4 more info
- Clipse, PAC DIV , Diz GiBran, B.o.B - Saturday, June 13
- Erykah badu, leela james, movado, DeLA SOUL - Sunday & Monday May 24/25 - UCLA
- Musiq SoulChild & Anthony Hamilton - Thurs. June 4 - Nokia Theatre LA
- Keyshia Cole, Keri Hilson, Bobby V, The Dream - Thursday, June 18 - Nokia Theatre
- Etta James, Adele, Janelle Monae, the Roots - sunday. June 28 - HollywoodBowl
- Beyonce - Saturday July/13 - Staples Center
1) Less may mean more. For people who sleep under seven hours a night, the fewer zzzz’s they get, the more obese they tend to be, according to a 2006 Institute of Medicine report. This may relate to the discovery that insufficient sleep appears to tip hunger hormones out of whack. Leptin, which suppresses appetite, is lowered; ghrelin, which stimulates appetite, gets a boost.
2) You’re more apt to make bad food choices. A study published this week in the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine found that people with obstructive sleep apnea or other severely disordered breathing while asleep ate a diet higher in cholesterol, protein, total fat, and total saturated fat. Women were especially affected.
3) Diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance, its precursor, may become more likely. A 2005 study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine found that people getting five or fewer hours of sleep each night were 2.5 times more likely to be diabetic, while those with six hours or fewer were 1.7 times more likely.
4) The ticker is put at risk. A 2003 study found that heart attacks were 45 percent more likely in women who slept for five or fewer hours per night than in those who got more.
5) Blood pressure may increase. Obstructive sleep apnea, for example, has been associated with chronically elevated daytime blood pressure, and the more severe the disorder, the more significant the hypertension, suggests the 2006 IOM report. Obesity plays a role in both disorders, so losing weight can ease associated health risks.
6) Auto accidents rise. As stated in a 2007 report in the New England Journal of Medicine, nearly 20 percent of serious car crash injuries involve a sleepy driver—and that’s independent of alcohol use.
7) Balance is off. Older folks who have trouble getting to sleep, who wake up at night, or are drowsy during the day could be 2 to 4.5 times more likely to sustain a fall, found a 2007 study in the Journal of Gerontology.
8) You may be more prone to depression. Adults who chronically operate on fumes report more mental distress, depression, and alcohol use. Adolescents suffer, too: One survey of high school students found similarly high rates of these issues. Middle schoolers, too, report more symptoms of depression and lower self-esteem.
9) Kids may suffer more behavior problems. Research from an April issue of the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine found that children who are plagued by insomnia, short duration of sleeping, or disordered breathing with obesity, for example, are more likely to have behavioral issues like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
10) Death’s doorstep may be nearer. Those who get five hours or less per night have approximately 15 percent greater risk of dying—regardless of the cause—according to three large population-based studies published in the journals Sleep and the Archives of General Psychiatry
by Sarah Baldouf via U.S. News
Posted by M* at Sunday, April 26, 2009
DON'T MISS A BEAT - @rchives
- GOT DAMN...
- 10 REASONS you need SLEEP
- NMV: Wanessa x JaRule & Murs & Jesse Boykins & Met...
- NMV: KANYE WEST x Swizz Beatz x Murs
- all FOR THE LOVE OF clothing...
- In honor of EARTH DAY...make disney richer....
- Angela Yee x Day 26 MORNIN AFTER vid:
- New Music Video: Foreign Exchange x Stix x Matt & ...
- Rick Ross x The Roots 'Magnificent' live.
- New Music Video: Black eye Peas & NeYo
- NMV: HI-TEK & TALIB Kweli
- Cool Politics: I thought Obama was just being resp...
- Amanda Diva, speak on it
- yOUTUBE tALENT:
- um...okay... :
- junk food is the devil!
- MovieTrailer FRIDAY:
- Spiritual Swag..
- NMV: ZION I
- MOS DEF never Left !!!
- NMV: FUSION UNTLD.
- lmao: MAKING THE BAND episode
- NMV: MR.HUDSON, REDMANnMETH
- NMV: U-N-I
- Lady gaga POKERFACE acoutic
- People have seriously lost complete control of the...
- iNSPIRATION=bruce lee
- In such a fast-paced world...we got to PAUSE somet...
- PRODUCER IDOL !!! aka Red Bull Big Tune is coming ...
- Food Porn
- NMV: EMINEM
- NMV: YOUNG MONEY x LIL WAYNE and ATMOSPHERE
- lol : Fast & bicurious
- lol of the day: THE LONELY ISLAND 'IM A BOSSS"
- L.A. EVENTS !!!
- More Educational L.A. music...
- Lets strive to make "ALL BAD, ALL GOOD ":
- NMV: MURS
- NMV: GLC
- L.A.'s new hip hop generation calls it quits
- Throwback : John Coltrane
- U-N-I // A LOVE SUPREME
- NMV: Lo Smooth
- NMV: Ginuwine x Peter Hadar
- NMV: trey songz
- NMV: J*DAVEY
- ▼ April (49)