WELCOME & Hello Strangers,
The Basis of this Bloggy iz
ENJOY, LAUGH , LEARN , PARTY, comment.
Upcoming WestCoast Events ::: Click link 4 more info
- Clipse, PAC DIV , Diz GiBran, B.o.B - Saturday, June 13
- Erykah badu, leela james, movado, DeLA SOUL - Sunday & Monday May 24/25 - UCLA
- Musiq SoulChild & Anthony Hamilton - Thurs. June 4 - Nokia Theatre LA
- Keyshia Cole, Keri Hilson, Bobby V, The Dream - Thursday, June 18 - Nokia Theatre
- Etta James, Adele, Janelle Monae, the Roots - sunday. June 28 - HollywoodBowl
- Beyonce - Saturday July/13 - Staples Center
" WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO CALL CUT!"
1) Less may mean more. For people who sleep under seven hours a night, the fewer zzzz’s they get, the more obese they tend to be, according to a 2006 Institute of Medicine report. This may relate to the discovery that insufficient sleep appears to tip hunger hormones out of whack. Leptin, which suppresses appetite, is lowered; ghrelin, which stimulates appetite, gets a boost.
2) You’re more apt to make bad food choices. A study published this week in the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine found that people with obstructive sleep apnea or other severely disordered breathing while asleep ate a diet higher in cholesterol, protein, total fat, and total saturated fat. Women were especially affected.
3) Diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance, its precursor, may become more likely. A 2005 study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine found that people getting five or fewer hours of sleep each night were 2.5 times more likely to be diabetic, while those with six hours or fewer were 1.7 times more likely.
4) The ticker is put at risk. A 2003 study found that heart attacks were 45 percent more likely in women who slept for five or fewer hours per night than in those who got more.
5) Blood pressure may increase. Obstructive sleep apnea, for example, has been associated with chronically elevated daytime blood pressure, and the more severe the disorder, the more significant the hypertension, suggests the 2006 IOM report. Obesity plays a role in both disorders, so losing weight can ease associated health risks.
6) Auto accidents rise. As stated in a 2007 report in the New England Journal of Medicine, nearly 20 percent of serious car crash injuries involve a sleepy driver—and that’s independent of alcohol use.
7) Balance is off. Older folks who have trouble getting to sleep, who wake up at night, or are drowsy during the day could be 2 to 4.5 times more likely to sustain a fall, found a 2007 study in the Journal of Gerontology.
8) You may be more prone to depression. Adults who chronically operate on fumes report more mental distress, depression, and alcohol use. Adolescents suffer, too: One survey of high school students found similarly high rates of these issues. Middle schoolers, too, report more symptoms of depression and lower self-esteem.
9) Kids may suffer more behavior problems. Research from an April issue of the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine found that children who are plagued by insomnia, short duration of sleeping, or disordered breathing with obesity, for example, are more likely to have behavioral issues like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
10) Death’s doorstep may be nearer. Those who get five hours or less per night have approximately 15 percent greater risk of dying—regardless of the cause—according to three large population-based studies published in the journals Sleep and the Archives of General Psychiatry
by Sarah Baldouf via U.S. News
"hey JAHRUEL..lol"-wanessa accent
ja rule, sneaking BACK! internationally.
MURS -THE SCIENCE ..... [MID CITY STAND UP!!!] - GO BUY MURS FOR PRESIDENT!!
HOLLYWOOD NO MORE by METAL HILL
JESSE BOYKINS III - SUNSTAR
beautiful song & video
I. Blacksmith TV Episode 5 - "Steady Day Care"
by tunji balogun
Strong Arm Steady Gang open up Steady Day Care to diversify their revenue streams. Hilarity ensues.
II. U-N-I //LOVE SUPREME VIDEO BLOG by Kristina Thomas
Tales from "Flight U-N-I" from Kristina Thomas on Vimeo.
Episode #2: What Job? from Kristina Thomas on Vimeo.
. LIL WAYNE on tHE VIEW!!!!
Lil Wayne sits down with the ladies of The View to talk about his childhood, tattoos (Can I read your face for a second? haha), his education, kids, drugs, Rebirth and more. At the end he performs Prom Queen.- 2DOPEBOYZ.COM
NO WONDER THEY MADE SHERRI SHEPARD SEEM LIKE THIS IN THE SNL PARODY OF THE VIEW...LOL..I GET IT
AMAZING - KANYE WEST x YOUNG JEEZY
directed by HYPE WILLIAMS.
SWIZZ BEATZ - WHEN I sTEP in the club.
Murs - The BreakUp/the OJ SONG
spotted @ eazeest.com
=Dand PART of ME
hm clothing THAT IS:
I WOULD OF GOT A POSSE MOB IN THERE , AND ROLLED OUT WITHOUT PAYIN!!! HAHA
When H&M's Fifth Avenue store threw open its doors at 9am, it was promptly swamped by a wave of fashion-savvy fashionistas desperate to get their hands on an original Matthew Williamson - for a fraction of its normal price
may 14TH THE COLLECTION HITS BEVERLY CENTER AGAIN!!
seems fantastic, its also in 3d too. all the kids say " COOOOOOOOOOOL"
kinda reminds me of this documentary back in the day called GENESIS:
Directed & Written by Claude Nuridsany, Marie Pérennou
"Genesis is a film about mother earth. The makers of Microcosmos and Winged Migration continue their theme in Genesis, showing beautifully shot images of the worlds creatures"
Genesis took a reported 6 years to make
i can't believe this show comes on in the morning
ITS QUITE INTERESTING....and DISCLAIMER; there will be natural times to say PAUSE!! smh
III. SEX ADVICE "FELLAS QUIT BEING FUCKIN STINGY!!!!!!!"
IV.another STICKY BOO-BOO HANDS...damn just when i thought BOW WOW was crazy:
Come In (My Door Is Open) - Day 26
This is too funny, because this song kept re-shuffling on my playlist yesterday and here is the video!!!
"Kick off y0ur shoes, Take off The BLUES
andCOME TO ME"
2. Stix - Shining Star
"SHINNING STAR" VIDEO
btw, FEE is n the video , is an awesome singer, peeP this:
MATT & KIM - LESSONS LEARNED ...funny vid:
Jazzy twist to one of my favorite songs out now!!
Swimmin' in women, champagne
sippin', go in tha way, two ends away,
this livin' is so magnificent , stop
dreaming' it,i'm living' life (Oh I),I can show you,show you baby that I can tell u, I I can show you,Oh I
Magnificent LIVE on Jimmy Fallon
magnificent - rick ross ft john legend
JUSTICE LEAGUE for the WIN!!!!
spotted @ http://www.mrworldpremiere.net
"BOOM BOOM POW"
you cant deny this catchy song!!! love it, ready to hit the CLUB!!
THE VIDEO Is , excuse my age..."TIGHT"!
The video for “Boom Boom Pow,” directed by Mathew Cullen & Mark Kudsi of Motion Theory (Weezer’s “Pork and Beans” and Beck’s “Girl”) premiered. In the first video from The E.N.D., The Black Eyed Peas’ imagine 3008; their birth into the digital afterlife.
The E.N.D. is the Black Eyed Peas’ first original new album since Monkey Business (released May 2005)! coming so0n.
NEYO - PART of THE LIST
pretty song! ....of the YEAR of the GENTLEMEN!! check it
they never FAIL!!:
BACK AGAIN - eternal reflections II.
for bowing to the official in saudi arabia.
so much disagreement and not much agreement when ur president[even when your doing good] . he just got 100 days in .
BY Ciara - Love Sex Magic
choreography by Heather Lee of Hi-Fi SD & Mass Appeal
durand B AKA ALCOHOL HARMONY
DOES A MUSHINAH MELODY:
AND READY FOR LOVE BY INDIARIE:
JHENE SINGING KIM BURRELL:
Take It Back(Snippet) - Johnta Austin
i need a girl - trey songz
trey songz ON ANGELA YEE !!
he is hilariousssssssss, but towards the end ur like come on now, chill wit the B-word.
oh lord, seriously.
NOW BOW WOW ...omg, HE SAID HE WOULD EAT THIS:
oh boy watch the drama start:
love this mix:
via Common's blog
TOP SEVEN FOODS FOR HEALTH AND LONGEVITY
*GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES
The healthy and nutritious foods are high antioxidant foods, primarily fruits and vegetables. I selected these healthy foods because they contain the most powerful phytochemicals and anthocyanins which illustrate strong inhibition of chemocarcinogens.
Other foods with high antioxidant and high anti-cancer potential include walnuts, sunflower seeds, pomegranates, beets, cabbage, peppers, and parsley. Make your diet strongly cancer-protective and longevity-favorable by including these highly beneficial, nutritious foods.
A good way to think about nutritious food: Produce is the most important health care your money can buy.
Food also has the potential to harm, and these are effective foods for those attempting to die younger. One of my daughters calls this list the Seven Foods of Death.
WORST SEVEN FOODS FOR HEALTH AND LONGEVITY
*POTATO CHIPS & FRENCH FRIES
*SAUSAGE, HOT DOGS
*PICKLED, SMOKED OR BARBECUED MEET
Foods high in saturated fat and trans fat are consistently associated with high cancer rates. Cheese and butter typically contain over ten times as much saturated fat as fish and white meat chicken and turkey.
Salt has been consistently linked to stomach cancer and stroke, even in populations that eat diets low in saturated fat.
Add the carcinogenic potential from heated and overcooked oils (usually trans containing) delivered in doughnuts and fries with the powerful cancer inducing properties of carbohydrates cooked at high heat (acrylamide formation) and you have a great cancer potion.
Needless to say, I advise people to avoid the foods on my “worst list” entirely.
The best foods to eat are the healthy, nutritious fresh fruits and vegetables. By making these antioxidant foods the major portion of your diet, you can protect yourself against cancer and other serious diseases. As you extend your youthful vigor into later years
3. BRAVE NEW VOICES on HBO
Catch Brave New Voices every Sunday at 11 PM:narrated by Queen Latifah
& BNV is One part Def Poetry Jam and two-parts documentary, Brave New Voices is a docu-series that features the finest young spoken word artists in the country.
GREY GARDENs on HBO with DREW BARRYMORE
HBO on April 18, 2009.:
WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE by spike jonze
THE BOOK ADAPTATON:
AND __> THE SLEEP DEALER:spotted on URB.COM
" HEAVEN & HELL is a MINDSET ; if u feel happy you feel in heaven and if you feel miserable you feel hell"
The Sun (feat. Little Brother, Nickelus F, H.O.F & Skillz)
YOU CANT STOP THE SUN FROM SHININ' !!
PAUSE @ that text message statement.
MR HUDSON- THERE WILL BE TEARS
DIRECTED BY NABIL.
STREET LIGHTS video cover by KanYe direct by mills miller
oh boy! sounds so good with amps.
produced by Ro BLVD.
video by TOMAS WHITMORE
she is even DOPER* for this:
and the KID CUDI VERSION ft. COMMON, KANYE
BTW...KATY PERRY - ELECTRIC FEEL love it too:
'I had to send my son to heaven and myself to Hell.'
Woman used rented gun in murder-suicide; actions appeared 'deliberate'
The Mom shot her son and self with rented gun .
MAN bruce lee is beautifully intellectual.
dig it. take notes.
Song of the Post:
Do I Do - Stevie Wonder
KANYE needs to PAUSE, esp TAZ:
at 0:31 PLEASE NEEDS A GIF. OF THAT !!!!LMAO @ free
COME ON SPIKE ! :
This post was sponsored by the @pausepolice on twitter.com
SONG OF THE POST:
DON'T MISS A BEAT - @rchives
- GOT DAMN...
- 10 REASONS you need SLEEP
- NMV: Wanessa x JaRule & Murs & Jesse Boykins & Met...
- NMV: KANYE WEST x Swizz Beatz x Murs
- all FOR THE LOVE OF clothing...
- In honor of EARTH DAY...make disney richer....
- Angela Yee x Day 26 MORNIN AFTER vid:
- New Music Video: Foreign Exchange x Stix x Matt & ...
- Rick Ross x The Roots 'Magnificent' live.
- New Music Video: Black eye Peas & NeYo
- NMV: HI-TEK & TALIB Kweli
- Cool Politics: I thought Obama was just being resp...
- Amanda Diva, speak on it
- yOUTUBE tALENT:
- um...okay... :
- junk food is the devil!
- MovieTrailer FRIDAY:
- Spiritual Swag..
- NMV: ZION I
- MOS DEF never Left !!!
- NMV: FUSION UNTLD.
- lmao: MAKING THE BAND episode
- NMV: MR.HUDSON, REDMANnMETH
- NMV: U-N-I
- Lady gaga POKERFACE acoutic
- People have seriously lost complete control of the...
- iNSPIRATION=bruce lee
- In such a fast-paced world...we got to PAUSE somet...
- PRODUCER IDOL !!! aka Red Bull Big Tune is coming ...
- Food Porn
- NMV: EMINEM
- NMV: YOUNG MONEY x LIL WAYNE and ATMOSPHERE
- lol : Fast & bicurious
- lol of the day: THE LONELY ISLAND 'IM A BOSSS"
- L.A. EVENTS !!!
- More Educational L.A. music...
- Lets strive to make "ALL BAD, ALL GOOD ":
- NMV: MURS
- NMV: GLC
- L.A.'s new hip hop generation calls it quits
- Throwback : John Coltrane
- U-N-I // A LOVE SUPREME
- NMV: Lo Smooth
- NMV: Ginuwine x Peter Hadar
- NMV: trey songz
- NMV: J*DAVEY
- ▼ April (49)